Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 16 of 16

Thread: Sure wish there was a My Disney Girl doll hospital--Sad story

  1. #11
    Inactive Member MOM to JILLIAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 2nd, 2006
    Posts
    684
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Taffy Cheerful:
    Did the arm snap into the shoulder joint or was she "strung" with a piece of elastic. If the latter, restringing her would be simple.

    Taffy
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Taffy,
    A small (ok, tiny) plastic piece held the joint in place. It broke off and the socket part went up into the arm. I wish that she had the strings so that she could be restrung. I think the company that made her made her very cheaply.

  2. #12
    Inactive Member MOM to JILLIAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 2nd, 2006
    Posts
    684
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by FelinaDoon:
    Is it the Blond Doll - I may have one that has been rarely touched and would be willing to send it for cost of shipping - Let me know
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That is such a sweet offer. Yes, the one we have has the blond hair. I'll try calling WDW first, but I may take you up on that offer. HB members are the BEST! Thanks everyone for the ideas and encouragement. I really appreciate it.

  3. #13
    Inactive Member MOM to JILLIAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 2nd, 2006
    Posts
    684
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Ria,
    Oh, I didn't know that they were discontinuing them. I'm wondering if they had a lot of problems with breaking. I'm scared to touch the other arm now because it is just being held together by a tiny little piece of plastic. I wonder if they will change the manufacturer and improve the quality of the line. The dolls used to cost $45 which I thought was high for the quality (or should I say lack of quality).

    Sonja,
    Thanks for the eBay suggestion.

  4. #14
    Inactive Member PhDfamily's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 23rd, 2006
    Posts
    125
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by MOM to JILLIAN:
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by KimberBee:
    Oh I'm so sorry that happened. Perhaps you could take her to a local doll shop? I think there's one around here called the doll hospitol and toy soldier shop, or something along those lines. Maybe you could find a store like that near you that could fix her? I hope it all turns out alright! [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Good idea. I'll keep that in mind. Thanks!

    ETA that I love your Academy Awards picture.

    <font color="#051E50"><font size="1">[ March 06, 2006 09:39 PM: Message edited by: MOM to JILLIAN ]</font></font>
    </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I am now wondering if there are a few of those stores, or if you leave by me (the one near me is Berkely MI, a city over from where I live.)

    Mom to Jillian, so sorry to hear about the doll. I keep wishing they had the Disney cothes in AG sizes. You guys are right the AG quaility makes everything else look so bad.

  5. #15
    Inactive Member ckropp's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 19th, 2003
    Posts
    30
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have no doubt that the arm just fell off. I took my dd to the tea party last March and when we sat down she picked up the doll and the arm fell off. Luckily I spotted it before she did and had had a staff member trade it for a new one.

  6. #16
    MissCurlyCat
    Guest MissCurlyCat's Avatar

    Post

    I hope you doll feels better. I'm sure you'll find a way to fix it. [img]graemlins/storm.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/umbrella.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/sun.gif[/img] [img]wink.gif[/img]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •